Call for accompanying workshops
10th International Conference on Deep and High Stress Mining
Tuesday 24 – Thursday 26 September 2024
Call for workshops/short courses to accompany Deep Mining 2024
The Australian Centre for Geomechanics is seeking expressions of interest from parties interested in hosting short courses/workshops in association with the upcoming Deep Mining 2024 Conference, on the topic of feep and high stress mining and relevant areas of interest.
Your proposal is to address the following:
- Title of course/workshop
- Name, position titles, affiliations, brief career details and contact details for all course presenters
- Course overview, objective and themes (one A4 page)
- Expected target audience and required background for those expected to attend the course
- Draft program, listing presentation titles and time slots. Is the course to be a full day?
- Any item that the course participant should provide, e.g. calculator, computer, etc.
- If the delegate is expected to purchase items pertaining to the course, i.e. course proceedings (book), USB, software, etc., then these items are to be listed or priced. NB. The ACG is able to produce proceedings if required.
The number of Deep Mining 2024 associated events to be offered will be restricted, and evaluations of the workshops/courses will be based on the nature and quality of the proposal, as well as the timeliness and relevance of the workshop/short course topic. Subject to proposal review and acceptance, the ACG will forward you administration and financial guidelines.
The deadline to submit a proposal is TBC
ACG event manager
Ph: +61 8 6488 3300