International Conference on Deep and High Stress Mining
10th International Conference on Deep and High Stress Mining
Tuesday 24 – Thursday 26 September 2024
- Deep Mining 2024 abstracts are due 1 April 2024. See more information here.
- The ACG Ground Support for underground mines book is available for purchase here.
- Deep and high stress mining papers are available from the ACG Online Repository of Conference Proceedings.
- Ground Support 2023 will be held 10-12 October 2023, Perth, Western Australia
- Call for accompanying workshops. To submit your proposal to host a workshop alongside Deep Mining 2024, click here.
- Associated events:
- mXrap User case Studies for Mines Seminar.
- Numerically-Inferred Geotechnical Risk profiles in High Stress Conditions Workshop.
Underground mining continues to progress at deeper levels and industry is now extracting mineral reserves at depths that previously would have been considered unmineable. Deep mining is a very technical and challenging environment.
A high level of understanding and technically sound approaches are essential to deal with the significant
geotechnical challenges of deep and high stress mining, and best practice and innovation need to be
This conference provides a forum for deep mining professionals to share research, ideas and experiences in order to help improve safety and productivity in the industry.
- Geotechnical and financial risk assessment
- Numerical and empirical design and analysis
- Rock mass response to mining (from
dynamic response to squeezing ground)
- Ground support
- Dealing with groundwater
- Case studies (success stories as well as
- Occupational health and safety