International Conference on Deep and High Stress Mining
Hotel Bonaventure, Montreal, Canada
24–26 September 2024
- Deep Mining 2024 abstracts are due 1 April 2024. See more information here.
- The ACG Ground Support for underground mines book is available for purchase here.
- Deep and high stress mining papers are available from the ACG Online Repository of Conference Proceedings.
- Associated events:
- mXrap User Case Studies for Mines Seminar.
- Numerically Inferred Geotechnical Risk Profiles in High Stress Conditions Workshop.
Underground mining is occurring at ever greater depth: many well-established world-class ore bodies are open at depth and many greenfield projects are located deeper. The Deep Mining conference series is therefore highly relevant. The next conference, along with its workshops, will take place in Montreal, Canada, 24-26 September 2024. Canada has some of the deepest and most highly stressed underground mines in the world, including Agnico Eagle’s LaRonde and Macassa operations, VALE’s Creighton and Garson sites, and Glencore’s Kidd and Fraser mines, several of which remain open at depth. Other ultra deep operations are being actively developed, such as Glencore’s Onaping depth in Sudbury. Canada is an ideal venue for this conference and we anticipate strong participation from numerous highly relevant mine sites, specialised consulting firms, suppliers and research institutions.
Don’t miss it!
- Geotechnical and financial risk assessment
- Numerical and empirical design and analysis
- Rock mass response to mining (from
seismicity to squeezing ground)
- Ground support
- Dealing with groundwater
- Case studies (success stories as well as
- Occupational health and safety