Hotel Bonaventure, Montreal, Canada
24 – 26 September 2024
Welcome to our host city of Montreal, Canada
Places to visit in Montreal
Montreal in autumn carries the warmth of summer, so outdoor entertainment is around every corner in the city. Here are some recommended sites to visit:
- Stroll through the beautiful Mont-Royal Park and take in the view of Île de Montreal and St. Lawrence.
- Visit the oldest church in Montreal, Notre Dame Basilica, founded in 1656.
- Get a feel of the Parisian-style quarter with a walk through Vieux-Montreal. Don’t miss out on visiting Pointe-à-Callière and the Old Port.
- Jardin Botanique is a botanical garden that is home to 30 themed gardens and over 10 exhibition greenhouses.
- Oratoire Saint-Joseph is an enormous Reinassance-style dome dedicated to the patron saint of Canada.
- A remnant of the 1967 word fair, Parc Jean Drapeau is home to amusement parks and museums.
- Musée des Beaux-Arts is the oldest museum in Canada and houses a large collection of paintings and sculptures.
Passeport MTL is an all-in-one pass allowing you to participate in fun activities at a great price.
Learn more about our host city at Visit Montreal.
Getting around Montreal
Montreal is a vibrant and beautiful city located in Quebec. Visitors can easily get around by public transport, by bike, by foot, by boat, or by car or taxi.
- Public transport in Montreal is an affordable way to get around. The metro operates daily from 5:30 am to 1 am (1:30 am on Saturdays).
- Montreal has 780 km 480 miles) of bike paths, high-quality rental bikes, and tours which make bikes a fun and convenient option.
- Water taxis run between the Old Port of Montreal and many other points of interest along the St. Lawrence River.
- Uber is available in Montreal and is easily organised from your phone app.
- Taxis are easy to flag down on the street and in front of most major hotels and at taxi stands.
September in Montreal marks the beginning of autumn and is a pleasant time of year. The average temperature ranges from 17°C (63°F) to 25°C (74°F), making it an ideal time to enjoy outdoor activities.
It is advisable to pack light clothing, but to carry warmer clothes such as a jacket or sweater as the evenings and early mornings can be cool.
Overall, September is a great time to visit Montreal. With comfortable weather conditions, it is perfect for exploring and enjoying the outdoors.
Arriving from the airport
There are several options to get from Montréal-Trudeau International Airport to Montreal city centre. Taxi ride-share services, trains, buses, and shuttle services are available at the airport.
Bus 747 Express
The 747 bus line service runs 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, between the Montréal-Trudeau airport and downtown Montreal (corner of Berri and Sainte-Catherine – Berri-UQAM station).
VIA Rail Canada
VIA Rail Canada is Canada’s national passenger rail service. It offers inter-city connections along a number of corridors.
Taxis are available at the arrivals level near the central exit. No reservation is required.
Uber is available from the airport.
Orléans Express offers a return shuttle service by coach between Montréal-Trudeau and major cities. There are several departures daily, every day of the week.
Click here to view the airport maps and terminal guide.